A cookie is a small text file that a website visited by the user sends to their terminal (computer, mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet), where it is stored to be transmitted to that website on a subsequent visit to the same site. Cookies are distinguished from each other based on:
During the first visit to the Sites, the user can accept all cookies by taking one of the following actions:
• Closing the banner by clicking on the X or “OK” present in the banner itself, or
• Accessing another area of the site or clicking on any element of the page (image or link) outside the banner, or
• Scrolling the page
During the first visit to the site, if the user does not take any of the actions described in the banner but, from the banner, accesses the extended information, the user can:
• Refuse consent to the installation of cookies by clicking on the appropriate link in the tables following the description of each cookie (called “Opt-Out”), or
In any case, through the browser settings, the user can
• Manage cookie preferences directly within their browser, preventing their installation,
• Delete cookies already installed in their browser, including the cookie in which the user’s consent, if given, to the installation of cookies by the sites has been saved. The user can find information on how to manage cookies through their browser at the following addresses: Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, and Microsoft Windows Explorer.
– On the entity that installs them on the user’s terminal, depending on whether it is the same manager of the site that the user is visiting (so-called “first-party cookies”) or a different site that installs cookies through the first site (so-called “third-party cookies”).
– On the purpose of each cookie: some cookies allow the website that installed them to remember, for example, the preferences expressed by the user during browsing or to make a purchase or perform authentication to access restricted areas (so-called “technical cookies”).
Other cookies allow the site that installed them to monitor the user’s browsing, also for the purpose of sending advertisements and/or offering services in line with the user’s preferences expressed during online browsing (so-called “profiling cookies”). Only profiling cookies require the user’s prior consent. Technical cookies of both first and third parties, profiling cookies, and/or other first and third-party markers are installed through the Sites, as better described in the tables that follow.
Technical cookies are used to allow the Sites to function and/or to provide the User with a service or function that the User has expressly requested. They therefore guarantee normal navigation and use of the Sites, also allowing the User’s preferences to be saved and optimizing their browsing. The Sites use both first and third-party technical cookies. The technical cookies used by the Sites can be divided into the following subcategories:
• “user input” cookies: session cookies used to keep track of the data provided by the user by filling in the appropriate online forms (for example, the forms present during the purchase process for entering shipping or billing addresses) or, as in the case of the shopping cart, to remember the items that the user has selected and placed in the cart by clicking on the appropriate button,
• authentication cookies: cookies used to identify the user after logging in and allow them to authenticate and access the content and/or functionality for which such login is required (e.g., purchase, access to the Personal Area),
• other functionality cookies: cookies that serve to activate specific functionalities of the Sites and to remember the choices made by the User regarding the display of the Site’s pages,
• “cookie consent” cookies: cookies that document the User’s consent to the installation of profiling cookies by taking one of the actions described in the banner/short notice, recognize the User upon subsequent access to the site so as not to require consent to the installation of cookies again, and have a duration of 12 months.
Some of the services listed below may not require the User’s consent or may be managed directly by the Data Controller – depending on what is described – without the help of third parties. If among the tools mentioned below are services managed by third parties, these may – in addition to what is specified and also without the knowledge of the Data Controller – perform tracking activities on the User. For detailed information on this, it is advisable to consult the privacy policies of the services listed.
The services contained in this section allow the Data Controller to monitor and analyze traffic data and are used to keep track of User behavior.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google uses Personal Data collected for the purpose of tracking and examining the use of this online space, compiling reports, and sharing them with other services developed by Google. Google may use Personal Data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its advertising network.
Definitions and Legal References
Personal Data (or Data)
Any information relating to a natural person, identified or identifiable, even indirectly, by reference to any other information, including a personal identification number.
Automatically collected personal data from the Sites, including: IP addresses or domain names of the computers used by the User connecting to the Sites, addresses in URI (Uniform Resource Identifier) notation, the time of the request, the method used in submitting the request to the server, the size of the file obtained in response, the numeric code indicating the status of the response from the server (successful, error, etc.), the country of origin, the characteristics of the browser and operating system used by the visitor, various temporal connotations of the visit (e.g., the time spent on each page) and details regarding the itinerary followed within the Sites, with particular reference to the sequence of pages consulted, the parameters relating to the operating system and the User’s IT environment.
The natural person browsing the Sites.
The User to whom the Personal Data refers.
Società Agricola Castello di Radda SS – Località Il Becco, 101/A – 53017 Radda in Chianti (SI) Italy, Tel. 0577 738992, Fax 0577 738985, VAT and CF 01113530529